Originally founded in 1913 by real estate development brothers King & Ben Thompson after the purchase of 840 acres south of present-day W Lane Ave from James T. Miller, who later served as the town’s first mayor. The town was touted as the “Country Club District” by the pair of developers but it became known as Upper Arlington by as early as 1917 for its location just north of Arlington (which is now Modern-day Marble Cliff). The town grew through annexation in the 1950s and 1960s to reach its current northern boundary at Henderson Rd. This Neighborhood has tree-lined city streets and small parks everywhere creating an environment of a metropolitan parkland. Schools are highly ranked and homes are highly desirable. Proximity to The Ohio State University and downtown make this an ideal neighborhood to relocate for any urbanite looking for their slice of Americana.
IDX information provided courtesy of the Columbus Board of Realtors MLS. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS. Updated: 29th July, 2021 3:10 PM